I’m a passionate runner and hiker. For me, my feet are sacred. They are an integral part of my body, connecting me to the earth. I had given them special attention since I started running, especially since I began wearing barefoot shoes throughout the day in 2019.
Vivo barefoot shoes are my preferred shoes, as they give me several benefits, which include:
- Better control of foot position when it strikes the ground, improved foot mechanics, and better mechanics of the hips, knees, and core thanks to sensory feedback
- Improvements in balance, proprioception, and body awareness –> sensitisation of the body
- Maintaining appropriate range of motion in foot and ankle joints and providing adequate strength and stability within muscles and ligaments, which support the lower back region
- Thanks to the extra space they offer relief from improperly fitting shoes, which may cause bunions, hammertoes, or other foot deformities
- Stronger foot and leg muscles, which support the lower back region
It can be broken down to four main specifications of the shoe:
- Thin sole of approximately 3mm
- No heel lift
- Extra space for the toes
- Flexibility and lightness
Through the help of calisthenics, which is so natural and essential to us human beings, we develop stronger muscles.
But as life reminds us, nothing comes easy. Though it may seem simple, it is never easy, and we have to take daily action on the simple things too, which seem so obvious that we often need to remember to do it, yet they are so central to our health.
Paying attention to your feet (shoes!) is one of the major steps towards a more balanced and healthier life.
Happy feet indeed! 👣